There are limitations with uploading to a wiki platform, and may not be as simple as you are used to on other websites, where you can just upload a few files and they instantly appear in an image gallery. In order to upload images you will first need to read the Membership Guidelines before creating an account.
Please review the below steps to upload and add images into the relevant article, otherwise feel free to watch the video. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact one of the admins. B1Bayon
Please note the following before uploading any images or files:
- All images uploaded are yours and you have not downloaded them off the internet.
- You have gained permission from the original owner/s of the images or files you are uploading if they are not your own.
- All images uploaded are recorded with your username and you remain the original copyright holder and owner of the image.
- You give Beyond Angkor permission to potentially use the image on Beyond Angkor associated social media platforms.
- All images are free of watermarks
- For any individual historic site, please only upload a maximum of 5 or so images, unless the site warrants additional images to reveal the overall size or condition.
- It is recommended that you resize (e.g. to have a width of 1200) your photographs before uploading (You can use a free batch resizer like Fotosizer);
- to avoid uploading the original file where people may download and use your original image without your permission.
- quicker to upload multiple files.
- helps improve loading speed on the website.
- doesn't take too much space on the web host.
- Please review any existing images that are already available on the article and refrain from uploading the same subject matter. Acceptable instances of duplicate images being uploaded at different times or by different people are;
- obvious changes to the condition of the historic site.
- before and after restorations.
- intricate carvings are no longer present.
- better quality images.
(We don't need 5 different people uploading the same lintel image if the condition of the lintel is one and the same)
Instructions to upload on your computer:
- You will need to be logged in and open to the article you wish to upload images to
- Click on the Edit source tab (Note: if you click on the Edit tab, the visual editor only allows 1 image to be uploaded at a time)
- Open your File browser (e.g. Windows Explorer)
- Browse to the location of your image files
- Select the files in your file browser and drag to the Drop files here panel on the Edit source tab in your Internet browser
- Click on the file name and type in the BA number, the name of the historic site found in the article name and a unique number for this image. E.g. C0301025 Pr Kuk Khvet 7
- Repeat these steps for any additional images that have been dragged into the Drop files here panel
- Once the file has loaded in the Drop files here panel, click on the Upload this file or Upload all files button
- Scroll down below the infobox coding and locate the "File:BA PRASATNAME NO..jpg|link=|left|250px"
- Replace BA PRASATNAME NO. with the new file name. E.g. C0301025 Pr Kuk Khvet 1
- Scroll down the Edit source panel, locate the Image Gallery coding between gallery mode and /gallery
- Replace the existing BA PRASATNAME NO. with the new file name. E.g. C0301025 Pr Kuk Khvet 1
- Enter in a brief description after the |
- Copy this line "File:138 Pr Kuk Khvet 4.jpg|Main laterite tower" and paste in additional lines for each additional image you have uploaded
- Renumber the image file and change the description accordingly
- Click on the Save page button
If you are uploading images from your mobile device, instead of dragging the files from windows explorer to the Drop files here panel, click on the Upload button (Circle with a underlined solid UP arrow) to select files from your device.